Bankruptcy Do's and Don'ts
- Do continue to make mortgage payments on your home if you are current and you intend to keep it.
- Do continue to make automobile loan or lease payments on a motor vehicle you intend to keep.
- Don't take money from your retirement accounts to pay bills.
- Don't borrow money against the equity in your home in order to pay bills.
- Don't transfer property out of your name to someone else in order to hide assets.
- Don't run up debt on your credit card.
We are a law firm and a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.